The PEP (Product Environmental Profile) registered under the PEP ecopassport® Program is a type III environmental declaration according to the ISO 14025 standard.
It is dedicated to electric, electronic and HVAC-R products and requires a multicriteria LCA.
The Product Category Rules (PCR) provides common rules to apply for Life Cycle Assessment of electrical, electronic and HVAC-R products:
This document is completed by several Product Specific Rules (PSR):
- PSR0001 - Wires, cables and accessories
- PSR0002 - Direct,visible ,fixed electric heating appliances
- PSR0003 - Cable management
- PSR0004 - Individual and standalone domestic storage water heater
- PSR0005 - Electrical switchgear and controlgear solutions
- PSR0006 - Drives for blinds and closures installed in buildings
- PSR0007 - Self-contained emergency electrical equipment
- PSR0008 - Ventilation Air Treatment Filtration and Mechanical Smoke Exhaust Equipment
- PSR0009 - Comfort Terminal Units
- PSR0010 - Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- PSR0011 - Hot water radiators or towel radiators
- PSR0012 - Gas, fuel oil, or biomass boilers
- PSR0013 - Thermodynamic generators with electric compression for heating and/or cooling of premises and/or the production of domestic hot water
- PSR0015 - Wood heating system appliance for individual dwellings
Please consult the relevant PSR in order to create a PEP. If a product is not yet concerned by one of these PSR, it is possible to complete this list.
This diagram describes the frame of technical documents to be used: